Nutrition Information for Double Chocolate Almond Bar
What goes into making our gluten-free energy bars so great?
When you get a few precious moments to take a snack break, you want to make sure that you get the biggest nutritional punch to get you through the rest of the day. When you buy Dr. Jen’s Double Chocolate Almond bar, you’re getting just that! These are gluten-free energy bars that are full of nutritious ingredients to give you the fuel you need. Learn more about our high-fiber protein bars below!
- The non-dairy muscle builder
- Branched-chain amino acids, build muscle & fight heart disease
- Gluten & dairy free
- Pea protein bars help to regulate blood sugar
Organic Almond Butter
- Good source of the healthy monounsaturated fats our bodies need. These fats are associated with lowering the risk of heart disease. Eating almonds offers antioxidant action from vitamin E and helps lower cholesterol.
- Almonds are power-packed! They are full of healthy flavonoids.
Chicory Root Fiber
- Soluble fiber to help you feel full (but never stuffed!)
- It’s considered a “prebiotic” that promotes healthy bacteria growth in the gut.
- Chicory root has virtually a zero glycemic impact on blood sugar, making it a great choice for people concerned about diabetes or weight loss.
- Non-GMO soluble tapioca fiber
- It’s an essential part of certain cultural diets due to its unique composition of carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and organic compounds.
- It’s a rich source of dietary fiber, which is good for HDL, or good cholesterol.
- Vitamin B-complex
Dark Chocolate Chips
- Dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health.
- Dark chocolate is loaded with organic compounds that are biologically active and function as antioxidants. These include polyphenols, flavanols, and catechins, among others.
- High antioxidants, which have phytochemicals, flavonoids, and polyphenols
- Free radical fighting ability
- Improved heart health
Organic Whole Grain Quinoa
- Protein-rich food that is a complete protein with all nine essential amino acids
- Fiber-rich, and lowers cholesterol and glucose levels
- Iron supports healthy red blood cells
- Lysine for tissue repair and growth
- Rich in magnesium
- Riboflavin, or vitamin B2, improves energy metabolism within brain and muscle cells.
- High content of manganese, which is an antioxidant that helps to prevent damage to mitochondria.
- High in fiber, low in carbs!
- One of the most extraordinary benefits of flax seeds is that they contain high levels of mucilage gum content. Mucilage is a gel-forming fiber that is water soluble and has incredible benefits on the intestinal tract. The mucilage can keep food in the stomach from emptying too quickly into the small intestine, which can increase nutrient absorption.
- Healthy skin and hair
- ALA fats
- Healthy cholesterol
- High in antioxidants
- Digestive health
- High levels of tryptophan converts to serotonin to help make you happy.
- High in fiber and many important nutrients
- Improve digestive health
- Supports heart health and lowers cholesterol
- Linoleic acid
- Lecithin is a fat emulsifier, which the body can use to rid the excess fats from your bloodstream.
- Brain health is supported by phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylinositol, and phosphatidylethanolamine.
- Phospholipids for supporting the liver
- Antioxidant ability
- Kale is a low-calorie, high-fiber superfood!
- It also contains B vitamins and vitamin C, which promotes iron absorption. These are essential for the release of energy from food.
- Low in fat and even lower in cholesterol
- High in niacin and zinc
- High protein and fiber
- Vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese
- In other words, it's loaded with good things for every part of your body!
- At the end of the day, cinnamon is one of the most delicious and healthiest spices on the planet. It can lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk factors, and has a plethora of other impressive health benefits.
Organic Coconut Oil
- Although it is a 90% saturated fat, organic coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) that can improve your health in many ways.
- These natural minerals are valuable for the healthy functioning of the body. The nutritional wealth of sea salt includes vital minerals like sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, bromide, chloride, iron, copper, and zinc among other beneficial minerals.